Get the celebrations rolling with our favourite savings on party ideas, ice cream, sweets, cheesecakes and more USA treats
The biggest day in the U.S. calendar year – Independence Day – falls on Monday 4 July 2016 – and millions of Brits will be celebrating the huge event – despite being over 3,000 miles away from our friends across the pond.
Independence Day celebrates the day the U.S. secured independence from the British Empire after the Revolutionary War. It falls on the the fourth of July every year – and is traditionally marked with delicious pies, parades, burgers, hot dogs and more American delicacies.
If you’re celebrating Independence Day (Tuesday July 4 2017) in the UK this year, here are some tasty deals to get the party started.
1. Stars and Stripes USA Bunting, £5 from Amazon
2. GU New York Cheesecake, £1.50 from Tesco
3. Häagen-Dazs Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, £2.50 from Ocado
4. Pepsi Max, £1 from Iceland
5. Kentucky Old Reserve Bourbon Whisky, £26.45 from The Whisky Exchange
6. American Marshmallows, £2 from Asda
8. Texas Joe Beef Jerky – Lean & Mean, £3.25 from Amazon
9. 4 Blueberry Muffins, £1 from Morrisons
10. Pizza Express American Pizza, £2.25 from Tesco
by Emma Munbodh,